Welcome to my Blog...

I hope you will enjoy hearing special tid bits about my sweet family, friends and more than anything how God works in our lives. BE ENCOURAGED!

Many blesssings to all!



Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How to overcome...

I said I'd share how I overcome in my last post... since then I hit a mental block as to how I should put it into words. One of my best friends just sent these scriptures to me as encouragement. I found it very fitting to use this as my blog post as to "how I overcome". God blesses us with particular friends to help get us through difficult situations. Through His Word, His strength when we have none and His blessing of positive friends and family I overcome.

I hope these scriptures bless and encourage you as much as they did me:

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope
Psalm 147:11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Proverbs 24:14 Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
Romans 4:18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2 Thessalonians 2:16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
Hebrews 11:1 [ By Faith ] Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

(Love & appreciate you Angie!)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Back in January God gave me Romans 15:13 to claim! I love that scripture! I really like Micah 7:7. Don't know if I've read that one before. But, I will be making a note card with it on it.

Thanks so much for sharing these, girl. I just posted the other day and these verses all go with what I shared. God has given me Deut 31:8 right now to cling to.