Welcome to my Blog...

I hope you will enjoy hearing special tid bits about my sweet family, friends and more than anything how God works in our lives. BE ENCOURAGED!

Many blesssings to all!



Friday, October 2, 2009

Proud Mommy



I fell in love with my daughter the second I found out I was pregnant. I have enjoyed watching her grow from infant to toddler to now a mature little four year old young lady. I find myself being more and more proud of her each day, I hear from parents of older children that it only gets better, I look forward to it.

My daughter decided to donate her hair to Locks of Love last winter when her Daddy explained that I donated my hair to the same cause after we were married. She expressed her desire to donate her hair so we ventured down the road of long knotty hair which included many impatient moments from Mommy, Daddy and Abigail as we used the dreadful hairbrush! Bless her heart, it was tough to brush her hair after bath time when it was wet but brushing it when it was dry after a long day at daycare was nearly impossible. Let's just say it was not her favorite thing to do! She wanted to cut her hair all summer but she remained patient until we arrived at the projected ten inches needed for Locks of Love. We made that long awaited trip to the hair salon last week where the famous Mrs. Wendy who has special lollipops cut Abigail's pretty blonde hair ten inches shorter and right in front of our eyes Abigail transformed from a child to a young lady - with the cutest new do I might add! She was so excited, thrilled might be a better word! I don't know if it was the cute cut or the sugar from the candy she was eating but she was a happy little girl.

This is one of the many things that impresses me about my daughter. Her willingness and desire to share with someone in need melts my heart. I am thankful for the caring spirit God blessed my Abigail with and know He's going to use it for His glory.

Check this link out if you would like to donate your hair to a great cause...

No comments: